Sunday, October 6, 2013

Waiting is the hardest part...

So it's been a while since I updated but to tell you the truth not much has been going on.  We saw the new pediatrician last Monday and she said he looks good. She even commented on his color and that he didn't look as ashy as he did before the surgery. We have also been impatiently waiting for Philip's doctor's appointments this coming week. We will see the GI on Tuesday and the surgeon on Thursday. Im assuming they will do some blood work to see where we are at.
Philip has been doing great this past week. He smiles, laughs and is talking up a storm. Sometimes when I'm giving him his medicine he will talk to me like he is complaining. It is too funny. He has been taking the meds pretty good. The prednisone still remains a challenge for me somedays. It is the most stressful part of the day for me. Especially when Dan is working and it is up to me to get it done alone. It takes me about 45 minutes while he's crying and gagging and coughing and Danny is playing in the dog food or standing on the open dishwasher door or demanding a cookie or yelling at me to get him Tea! LOL Needless to say I am breaking quite a sweat by the end of it. I feel so bad for Danny. He must sense something is going on. It must be hard to adjust having a new brother and having to share me with him but I cant imagine how he feels with me having to give Philip extra attention. But I just have to keep in mind it is temporary. Slowly he is coming around and will play this little piggy with Philip or give him kisses on the head in between covering his ears when Philip is crying. LOL
Several other people have also commented on Philip's color and how he looks better and he is not as yellow. I do see it somewhat, but his eyes still look yellow to me. It is hard to not get too excited about everyone noticing but I don't want to create a sense of false hope just yet. Don't get me wrong, We do remain very hopeful and are keeping the faith but I won't be jumping for joy just yet. I want to see some hard proof in the numbers. Hopefully this week will bring that.

No comments:

Post a Comment