Thursday, September 4, 2014

A Small Victory!

When I was younger I used to like to jump the waves at the beach, but this one time, I guess the water was too rough and a wave came and blind sided me, knocking me off my feet, sending me tumbling under the water. I remember the pressure of the water pushing me down but I wasn't in that deep of water so I kept hitting sand. I finally caught my footing, stood up and BAM! another wave sent me ass over head again under the water, tumbling, fumbling to gain footing. I got my balance yet again and was able to outrun the incoming waves to the shore. This past year, particularly the last few months had me thinking about this feeling.  Just this feeling like I couldn't catch my breath, one hit after another. The bleeding episode, the endoscopies, hospital stays, doctors appointments, the passing of nana.

Then Tuesday morning we headed back to the hospital for Philip's third Endoscopy in a month. It seemed to take longer than usual but we were elated to hear that they did not find any more varices they had to treat. There is one small one but it is not raised so they didn't treat it. So Philip was able to drink right away and we were able to come home about an hour after the procedure. A small Victory that felt so sweet! Finally, a break in the waves even if it is short lived, it is just enough to make it to the shore and catch my breath a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment