Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thankful

Well this year has been crazy, and I'm not sure where to start
But there's so much to be thankful for
And all of you played a part.

In February, Philip became more sick
and we had some bad news
He needed a new liver
And now there was no time to lose.

It was time for a transplant,
 but so many kids were more sick.
So what could we do
to make his time on the list go quick?

Living Donation, they said
Could it be?
That Dan is a match
We'd have to wait and see!

Everyone sent us good thoughts
And some prayers
We couldn't believe how many people cared.

Then
Late March came around
Dan was a match!
Could this be the moment
That would make Philip not scratch?

It was May 10th
When they both went in
I held my breath
And my head would spin.

Again
You all came to my side
Lifted me up
And filled me with pride

They both did great
We count our blessings
Everyday is a gift
That keeps on giving.


I always worry I don't say Thank you enough for all of the support I receive from family, friends and strangers. Thank you!
I am thankful for my family, friends, Philip's doctors, surgeons and nurses.
I am thankful for every good day Philip has.
I am thankful for no more scratching, no more endoscopies, and no more Biliary Atresia!
I am thankful for modern medicine.
I am thankful for organ donation.
I am thankful.


If you're looking for a way to give back this holiday season, consider registering to be an organ donor. It is the ultimate gift.

https://www.donatelife.net/





No comments:

Post a Comment