Friday, December 16, 2016

'Tis the Season...

...to be queasy. Fa la la la la la la la la.
As much as I tried to keep Philip from getting sick, it was inevitable and Wednesday he ended up with a fever. So off to the ER we went. The ER this time of year is hell on earth for me. People hacking up a lung, holding vomit basins, vomit bags strewn on the waiting room couches. (Cringe) Luckily we got fast tracked and waited less than two minutes in the waiting room where I learned that I can hold my breath pretty long. I won't divulge all the details of the last two days but it goes something like fever, chills, rash, diarreah, bed pan, vomit, 5 outfits in the garbage, fever, chills, diarreah, commode, fever, diarreah, fever, rash, chills. It's been a really challenging couple of days to say the least. I had to resort to putting Philip back in diapers because he's just too little to understand the need to quickly make it to the bathroom. He continuously says ow but won't specify exactly what hurts. It's a different part every time. He moans in his sleep and barely eats or drinks. The original blood cultures from the ER came back negative for bacteria so that is good. They repeated them today so we will wait to see if those are negative too. They are pretty sure it's a nasty virus. Me or you would be able to fight it off but Philip is having a harder time because his immune system isn't 100%. Please pray for Philip to fight this thing quicker and for me to have patience. It's so hard to see him not feeling so good and missing out on all the holiday happenings. 

1 comment: