Sunday, June 18, 2017

Spiritual Connection

I'll start by saying this post will be a little off topic. I usually use it to share and catalog Philip's medical journey but today warrants a little different post.

I never had any brothers, but when I married Dan, I gained two. Over the years they've truly become like real brothers. And they always treat me like a sister in return. I love teasing them to no end. Especially Jimmy's taste in cars. Dan's younger brother Jimmy, is Philip's godfather. And over the last few years they have grown to have a deep spiritual connection.
Let me tell you a little about Jimmy, he is the kind of guy that everyone likes. One conversation with him and you have a friend for life. He had a knack for talking to anyone, even celebrities and getting them to pose for a picture with him more than once. He was the most loving, caring and giving person. When he had a chance to be there when the Pope came he made sure he had Philip with him to be blessed. And when we were getting pushed out of the blessing area, he used those conversation skills to get moved up closer and even jumped a fence so they both had a chance to be blessed. Him and Philip fought their illnesses side by side, several times mirroring each other. When Philip was having his liver transplant, Jim was having his stem cell transplant. He had an enormous smile and even more enormous hugs. In the hospital, there was a pigeon that would come visit his window, usually after a bad moment. And no surprise he showed up yesterday, with a little white flower in his mouth, soon before Jimmy passed. You know I love my signs, and I like to think that he was there the whole time watching out for him and finally was his ride up to heaven. 
Jim was a true fighter in every sense of the word. I've never seen someone fight like he did. And I'll forever be thankful that I was there and grateful for having him in my life and the boys lives. 
I know he'll continue to watch over and protect us and I'll be looking for the signs.


No comments:

Post a Comment